GEM LASER Maintenance Offerings
Gem laser Express offers and honors a number of maintenance plans covering all of the equipment we sell. In addition, we offer service on many products we do not offer as new. Below is a brief description of the various types. For more information, please contact your Account Rep. or Johanna Young at 703-709-7140 or email@example.com
**Click title to view more information
Manufacturer Warranty/Extended Warranty
Most hardware comes with a one year manufacturers warranty. These can be extended at the time of purchase, or at a later date. There are three types:
- Exchange – The product is returned to the manufacturer and replaced with a new or refurbished unit.
- Depot – The manufacturer does not pay for a site visit. The owner must bring the unit to an authorized service center for repair. GEM Laser will make an on-site repair visit and charge $60.00. The balance of the repair will be charged to the manufacturer.
- On-Site – These units are fixed, on-site, for no charge. The entire cost of the repair will be charged to the manufacturer.
Toner and consumables are not covered
Time and Materials
If the hardware’s warranty has lapsed, the customer will be charged for all labor and materials necessary to repair the unit. The customer will be given an estimate, before work is started, and have the option of proceeding or decline the service. The declined service fee is $75.00. Toner and consumables are not covered.
Gem Laser Maintenance Contract
GEM Laser offers service contracts on any make of equipment we repair, as long as parts are available. Contracts are offered for one year or multi-years. Contracts can be billed annually, quarterly or monthly. Toner and consumables are not covered.
The HP Managed Print Services is a cost per copy contract for equipment only. The contract term is offered for three years or more. Toner and consumables are included with the service. Paper and staples are not included.
The Xerox PageConnect program is a cost per copy contract for equipment only*. This contract can also include some models of HP or Lexmark printers. Toner and consumables are included. OEM products will be used for all Xerox printers. Xerox compatible supplies will be used for all non-Xerox printers, where available. Paper and staples are not included.
Gem Laser CPC Contract
Gem Laser offers Cost Per Copy contracts which include supplies and service. We cover any model printer or copier that we service and parts are available. Paper and staples are not included. There are two versions of the CPC contract:
- True CPC – There is no monthly base. The customer is charged for every copy produced.
- CPC with base – The customer pays a base monthly amount which includes a certain amount of copies. Any copies made over the base are billed as overage per contract amount.
Contact us to discuss your company’s printer and multifunction device needs. Based in Dulles, Virginia, we serve customers nationwide.